Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Crafts for Eternity, Our Daily Bread, and Saturday Spotlight Challenges




Hi. Here is a fun card that I made for three challenges: Crafts for Eternitywhich is a recipe challenge offering a mini card kit for the winner, Our Daily Bread: where you need to use red or pink and some bling and offering a $15 gift certificate for ODB stamps (which I would LOVE to win), and Saturday Spotlight: whose challenge is to use a household item to make your card. They are giving 4 digi's from Victoria Case as a prize.

Here is my card recipe:
The zebra is a chipboard from Debbie Mumm's Noah's ark, the polka dot paper is from Paper Studio, I've cuttlebugged the red panel and used a Spare Parts jumbo flower for bling. (I colored a pearl with a Copic marker and added tiny pearls around it.)The green panel paper is by Francis Meyer. I used a Spellbinders die for the red panel on the outside and the black one on the inside. I wrote the sentiment by hand. Now for the fun part: For a household item, I used two swimsuit bra hooks (Dritz) on the front with the striped ribbon through it. and then, most of you will recognize the bra extender on the inside.

I'm going to give this card to my sister-in-law who is quite buxom! I, on the other hand, am not! Hopefully, this card will not seem off-color to anyone. I hope it makes you smile instead.

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Sharon said...

OMG! I had to look at your card twice to figure out what a bra hook had to do with anything. Then the lightbulb went off (cup size Z..bra)! tee hee hee! I chuckled right out loud. You have quite a sense of humour and this card is way too cute!
Sharon

Dawn B. said...

Now how clever is that.. Great way to recycle..Haha.. Super job and thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight.

Darlene said...

Oh my gosh ... how creative was this idea!! Awesome creation!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! Can't wait to see what you create next challenge!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How fun and creative...Love your take on the red and bling at ODBD Shining the light Challenge and Saturday Spotlight household item challenge. Thanks for joining us this week.

Sabrina Jackson said...

WOW, what a fun card and such a great take on our pink/red and bling challenge. Thanks so much for playing along in the Shining the Light challenge this week. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Patter Cross said...

Such a fun card! Love the "belt" down the side. Very fun! So glad to have you joining us in the ODBD challenge! Blessings,

America said...

FUN, fab card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ODBD Shining the Light Challenge! :)
America

Stephanie said...

How cute!! What a great card!

Grace said...

Oh how fun is this!!! I love your take on the ODBD red/pink/bling challenge! Great way to recycle! Thanks so much for playing along on the Shining the Light Challenge!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

super CUTE and sooooo funny!!!